meet me under the stars..


The city is bustling with sounds
And here, under the stars, there is nothing
But silence, silence like a song, a melody
Oh, so well known to my heart.

Clusters of stars, feigning to be together
Portraying the magic, imitating how our horizons meet
And still leaves are put to motion
As some crickets have disturbed fireflies.

And my dreams coincide with reality,
Under the blanket of stars, where I lie making patterns
Almost like a child, playing, connecting the dots,
Leaving pockets, urging you to read in between.

Engraved into my soul, is the rhythmic chatter of the wood
Being broken by the midnight fire
Gusto, wind and fragrant jasmine
Lurking through my hair like your fingertips.

Time has conveniently lost track
And moon has taken up the role of timekeeper, sigh!
Shining though one thought at a time
Weaving the crimson of passion and blues of longing.

You should meet me under the stars
Where there is a paradise built by illusions
Chiseled in the spinning fire
Experimented and perfected wonder by wonder.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

She.

One of those days...

more like...