Thank you...

struck by memories of long gone days...
in the hopes of beautiful days to come, i sit here, today...
thinking, dreaming, reliving the days gone by, passengers i met and left in this journey...
so many people came along, some stayed for long some disappeared after few memorable encounters...and memories are all that are left...

i met an elderly couple when i was 3, the man was dauntingly handsome and tall and lady was tiny and beautiful. The freckles on her hand were like a pattern in the sky, one you may use to play connect the dots and his hands were long and clean... Two people exactly opposite, yet perfect. In the nights, the man spoke of economics and politics, while the lady spent her hours knitting and talking about the activities of neighbors, she noticed all day long. She was a storyteller of sorts and he was an exceptional listener. Avid reader, aware, follower, leader, designer, mechanic, house-keeper and a listener. My first memories of my grandfather...who explained to me the most important things in my life, things I cherish, I value and I seek.

He taught me to fix things; don't throw away things if you think they are broken, try and fix them. If they wont be fixed, at least you ll learn that they are broken for sure...

He taught me to read; it is important to be aware, to know and to know a lil more. If nothing else, it will help you to know yourself better...

He taught me to believe; to not have a belief is to live, with no dreams, no passion and no faith. It is important to believe and it is alright to fail on it, as it makes you stronger, either ways.

He taught me to laugh; be grateful, be joyful and mad, to love and share it. To be insane in a way that your being is elated, to pray and above all, to be!

A forlorn girl, on a street, crying. Shattered, waiting for your voice to call her name and tell her that its alright...It's been almost 11 years that you are gone...yet, all the memories we created are safely kept.

Our last walk together, your conviction, your shadows, your long fingers i held when we walked...that ring of yours, that became lose on the last diwali we spent, the pin drop silence you wanted sharp at 8'o clock NEWS every day of the year. 8'o clock everyday...i'm in silence, hoping to hear you...

My worst comes from you, so does my best!
miss you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

She.

One of those days...

whimsical flavors!